Thursday, July 2, 2009

My experiments in cooking

I never had a passion of cooking and all. There was no need of me to cook at home unless my mom is not there. And always I get concession since I have been staying in hostels and comes home for a break alone.
But this time I wanted to do something other than the usual items to surprise my family.

Thus started my cooking experiments.
Every evenings I have something special for them.

'Idiyappam surprise' was the first special item (with the idiyappam that my mom made in the morning). Everyone thought I made a fried rice so soon.. Yummy it was... Promise

Then Bajji's, onion, brinjal and banana.

And a great samosa. But since I am not an expert in folding it like a cone (the usual shape samosa has), I fold it straight like 'Ada' and fried. Something wrong with the dough I made, guess a little more watery it was.

I made a Ripe plantain fry. My father laughed at it first(usually ripe bananas are used for this), but it was tasty (Thank God!).
Hurray!!!

And then a Cocoa-Bread Pudding. It was good but... sweet was a little lesser :-(
IDEA!!!
I served it with Ice-cream :-) Pudding became sweeter...

Now, every evening my father asks me, what you prepared? I feel so proud.
I am happy when my mom eats what I cooked after she comes from her work.

1 comment:

  1. Great, I really appreciate that. Cooking food for your loved one is a very pleasant and satisfyingg experience!

    I am glad you are doing it. Keep it up!

    amit

    ReplyDelete